- Recipe Serves10
- Preparation Time5 min
- Cooking Time150 min
- 1 lb. dry pinto beans
- 1/4 cup lard [or vegetable oil]
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Knorr® Onion MiniCubes, crumbled
- 3 Knorr® Garlic MiniCubes, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight. Drain and rinse. Cover beans in 2-inches water in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 hours or until beans are tender, adding more water if necessary, to keep beans covered.
- Process 3 cups beans with cooking liquid in a blender or food processor until smooth. Drain cooking liquid from remaining beans and mash with potato masher. Combined with processed beans.
- Heat lard in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook cumin about 30 seconds. Add beans, Knorr® Onion Minicubes and Knorr® Garlic MiniCubes and cook about 15 minutes, until thickened, stirring often. Sprinkle with cheese and cook covered about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Knorr Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Decadently creamy Knorr® Pasta SidesTM Alfredo becomes a delicious meal for four when you add juicy shrimp, plump cherry tomatoes and vibrant fresh spinach. This simple shrimp alfredo recipe is one everyone will love.4.6
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta
Mac & cheese with chicken and veggies is an easy dinner for any night of the week. A little bacon makes this cheesy pasta recipe extra rich and savory. Cook Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor in the same pan used for the bacon to get the best flavor!5
Cheesy Chicken Monterey
A bed of rice looks even more appetizing when topped with chicken and shredded cheese—this easy Chicken Monterey recipe is a great way to turn Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Flavor into a fantastic meal.4.1
ASIAGO CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO & BASIL
A quick & easy chicken dish made even more irresistible thanks to a fresh tomato and basil garnish.5
SOUTHWESTERN TACO SALAD
Forget the big salad bowl! Wow your table by serving this taco salad in restaurant-style tortilla bowls. Serve it as a starter or as a main dish—it’s memorably delicious either way.4.5