- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time25 min
- Cooking Time35 min
- 2 Tbsp. PLUS 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (26 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 Knorr® Onion MiniCube(s)
- 2 Knorr® Garlic MiniCube(s)
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema [or sour cream]
- 2 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube(s), crumbled
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded queso blanco cheese [or Monterey Jack cheese]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, Knorr® Onion MiniCube(s) and Knorr® Garlic MiniCube(s) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and Knorr® Chipotle MiniCubes.
- Heat remaining 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas, one at a time, about 10 seconds to soften; drain on paper towels.
- Combine chicken and 1 cup cheese in bowl; set aside.
- Spread 3/4 cup tomato sauce in bottom of a 13 X 9-inch glass baking dish. Dip tortilla in sauce then fill with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll and place seam-side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Pour remaining tomato sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cost per recipe*: $10.27
Cost per serving*: $1.71
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.