Ropa Vieja Especial
Rice, shredded beef brisket, and freshly sliced peppers are soaked in a blanket of tasty tomato sauce in our irresistible Ropa Vieja Especial beef recipe.
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time3 hr 30 min
- 2 lbs. boneless beef brisket
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large red and/or green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cubes Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large oven-proof saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown beef well on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Cook red peppers and onion about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Add jalapenos and garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Return beef to pot and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and place saucepot in oven for 3 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Remove brisket from pot and shred meat with fork. Return shredded meat to pot with sauce and simmer about 15 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice or in tortillas.
- *Feel free to substitute 2 tablespoons Knorr Beef flavor Bouillon.