Sancocho Casero makes for the perfect Latin dish with fresh plantains, yucca, corn and chicken. For a chicken recipe that's different from the norm, be sure to try it.
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time30 min
- Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 6 cups water
- 3 cubes Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 2 green plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ears corn-on-the-cob, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yucca, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring all ingredients except cilantro to a boil in a large saucepot. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish with cilantro.