Avocado Soup with Chipotle Cream
You'll savor every spoonful of our Avocado Soup With Chipotle Cream. Enjoy a soup recipe with Latin flavors you'll love and just the right amount of spiciness.
- Recipe Serves6
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time20 min
- AVOCADO SOUP:
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups water
- 3 cubes Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 4 ripe avocados, diced
- CHIPOTLE CREAM:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper or 1 chopped chipotle in adobo
- Pinch sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- For Avocado Soup, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion about 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add water and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes and bring to a boil. Stir in avocado, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes, or until avocado is very soft. Remove from heat. Process, in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth. To serve, garnish with Chipotle Cream.
- For Chipotle Cream, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.