Mushroom Alfredo Risotto
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time15 min
- 1 package Knorr® Alfredo sauce mix
- 1 container (32 oz.) chicken broth, heated
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 package (10 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots or onion
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Stir Knorr® Alfredo sauce mix into broth until smooth; set aside.
- Melt Spread in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, thyme and pepper, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat and cook shallots, stirring frequently, until shallots are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in lemon peel, juice and mushroom mixture and heat through.